Surface Preparation features a complete line of heated Cob Driers for mass finishing applications. Cob Driers are ideal for mass produced components that require a clean surface, free of water stains.
Cob vibratory driers have been designed to complete the finishing process by offering an effective means of drying wet components by passing them through a heated medium of ground corn cob, ground walnut shells or wood chips.
The vibratory drive generates a gentle rolling movement of parts and drying media. The moisture on the parts is absorbed by the heated drying media. The constant relative movement between parts and media not only dries the parts but also provides an additional polishing effect on the parts.
Key features of cob driers include:
- Helically shaped work channel without built-in ramp allows gentle component movement.
- Rubber-lined in-feed chute built into outer wall of the work bowl, facilitates the loading of finished components coming from the processing machines.
- Thermostat controlled heating system with high heating capacity.
- Heating system consisting of replaceable heating elements that are mounted in the non-vibrating machine base.
- Built-in screening device allows batch as well as continuous processing.
For drying extremely delicate components the work channel can be lined with polyurethane. In this case the drying process takes place with a hot air blower mounted at the top of the work bowl.
Product specifications for the Walther Trowal G Series of heated cob driers:
|G 100C||G 200C||G 500C||G 1000C|
|Working Capacity of drier bowl (cf)||2.4||4.9||12.3||24.7|
|Motor Power (hp)||.8||1.3||1.8||4.6|
|Temperature of Media (°F)||140||140||140||140|
|Total Weight Empty (lbs)||639||749||1,873||2,645|
Options available for the G series include a pneumatically activated screening device that facilitates linking with production processes prior to and after drying. A dust cover with integrated suction fan and dust collector are also available.
Surface Preparation can assist you with the proper selection of mass finishing driers that best fit your processing and production requirements. Click here to contact Surface Preparation.